Sometime I will have to create my own dream race but for now I will list 5 series races I dream of running. Basically anything that has multiple locations.
Some are problematic because running can be expensive, some because of timing, and some because of distance.
5. Rock ‘n’ Roll – On my list: New Orleans, Las Vegas, Dublin… ok a lot of them! I am excited to tackle the DC half in March.
4. Hot Chocolate 15k – Who doesn’t love chocolate? Or hot chocolate? Speaking of which I am drinking some right now, with a little special addition. I am bummed they no longer do one in the DC area so I will have to find somewhere else. Maybe Philly.
3. Run Nike Women’s Series – Speaking of being bummed there is no longer a DC race… I loved volunteering at this race last year and was hoping 2015 would be my year to run it. Plus, gotta love the Tiffany necklace bling and men in tuxes. Unfortunately it looks like San Fransisco is the only US location this year. As cool as Toronto sounds its only a 15k. I’m torn. (PS- if you at all work with this organization convince them to get a real website. It was hard to figure out what to link to!)
2. Rangar Relay – I find these so cool! Intense but cool and truly a team building activity. And if my work in theatre has done anything it is about team building. They have a DC one but I have to say Napa Valley seems like it would be fun too.
1. runDisney – Was their any doubt? I did question moving this to number 2, but for now here it will stay. As of now I have only done one runDisney event but am super excited for Expedition Everest Challenge in May. I want to eventually take on the Dopey Challenge combined with Castaway Cay for the ultimate ridiculous challenge (though I don’t know if that is more a challenge for my body or for my wallet. Anyone know any available rich running patrons?)
Keep it dreamy & fierce!
What race do you dream of running? What is holding you back?