This Friday I wanted to share some of the restaurants I am looking forward to eating at on our upcoming trip to Disney World for the Expedition Everest Challenge. Planning Disney Dining is an important step in the travel process, especially for races.
Most will be new to us, as I like exploring different options but some will be returners because they were just that good!
5) Captain’s Grille – This place will be right in our resort at the Yacht Club. It looks easy and simple and awesome for needing a sit down restaurant without a reservation.
4) Cape May Cafe – After an underwhelming experience at Chef Mickey’s last visit I decided to make a reservation here. My family loves the ease of meeting the characters at a meal and the reviews here seemed better. Plus can’t beat the location at Beach Club, next door to our resort!
3) The Wave – This is a repeat. We loved the fresh food with perfect seasoning. It was also very easy to eat healthily while also indulging in desert. We have a lunch reservation to take a break from the busy Magic Kingdom which is just a monorail ride away.
2) Spice Road Table – We love tapas. Between all the different flavors and getting to share this looks like it will be right up our alley. Bonus: I hear you can potentially have a pretty good view of Illuminations from your table. That is definitely in our hopes as it will be much calmer for our party than trying to find a good spot on the fly.
1) Artist Point – This was not originally on my radar at all. But then I started digging deeper at fun resorts to visit and was really drawn in by the variety and quality of the menu. After wavering back and forth I decided on Artist Point for our Signature meal of the trip. Originally it was Yachtsman Steakhouse, but knowing we might not all want steak steered me this direction. Let’s hope it is a good one!
Keep it hungry & fierce!
What is your favorite restaurant at Disney World? What restaurant do you most want to try?