I am taking it slow this morning and enjoying sleeping in and lazing about. Which translates into wrapped up in my “Believe” blanket and sipping Candy Cane coffee.
I do have a 30 minute run to accomplish today as part of training so it was quite a treat to wake up to this view after 2 days of dense fog and off & on again rain.
Trust me I know how spoiled I am to have a view like this out my window.
I can finally see DC again, it’s a Christmas miracle! Also according to my weather app it is about 54 degrees out…. so I get to run outside on Christmas and not be freezing! Y’all this is unbelievable, not to mention a boost to my motivation.
I’m off to enjoy a easy peasy holiday. Wishing you all an exciting & relaxing day as wall.
Keep it merry & fierce!
Do you complete training runs on holidays or rearrange them? What’s your favorite part about the holidays?
Since it’s the holidays I am embracing it and going with some of my favorite holiday things, in no particular order:
– Office holiday parties. It’s not really a secret that I am extremely luck to love my job. Well I love all of my jobs since I freelance but I do work steadily part time for a children’s theatre teaching, choreographing, and doing other random office things. Honestly I work with some of the happiest, most giving, and dedicated people ever. This just goes to make parties all the more fun and not awkward and dreadful.
– White Christmas. Probably my favorite holiday movie. used to watch old musical movies like this all the time at my grandparents house. I truly believe they taught me to choreograph by example. Plus who doesn’t love a little Danny Kaye & Vera Ellen! Fun fact: Vera Ellen was the basis for classic Barbie. I mean look at her.
– SNOW! This is about the only time of year I enjoy snow.
– Making Ginger Candied Carrots. Seriously these are the most delicious things ever. You know how one food can make or break a meal feeling like a holiday? For me Ginger Candied Carrots are that food. I will share the recipe soon.
– Time to relax. For the past three years I have had a holiday
From Victorian Christmas Music Hall
show to do where I played Nellie Wright, card girl in A Victorian Christmas Music Hall. While I do miss the show and the wonderful hilarious cast it is a nice change of pace to have a real true “I have no responsibilities” break built into my schedule this year.
Keep the holidays fun & fierce!
What are your favorite things about the holidays? Do you stay busy or use this time as a chance to recharge?